Last updated: July 22, 2020
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to urlscan GmbH, Kuhlweg 6b, 52074 Aachen, Germany
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to urlscan, accessible from urlscan.io
- Service refers to the Website.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, for the purpose of establishing a unique user identification token for the duration of the service being used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
What data do We collect?
We collect personal information that You voluntarily/directly provide to Us when registering at the Service, when using Our Service or otherwise contacting Us.
Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Company name and job title
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. This information does not reveal Your specific identity (like Your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as Your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when You use Our Service and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of Our Service, and for Our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Our Website only uses essential session Cookies, that are strictly necessary to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
You can set Your browser not to accept Cookies, and the above website tells You how to remove Cookies from Your browser. However, (in a few cases), some of Our Website’s features may not function as a result.
How will We use Your data?
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To create and manage user accounts. We may use Your information for the purposes of managing Your account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to You. We may use Your personal information to send You product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to Our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect Our Service. We may use Your information as part of Our efforts to keep Our Service safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To manage Your requests. We may use Your information to attend and manage Your requests to Us.
Will Your Information be shared with anyone?
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process Your data if You have given Us specific consent to use Your data for a specific purpose.
- Contractual Obligations: Where We have entered into a contract with You, We may process Your personal information to fulfill the terms of Our contract.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process Your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve Our legitimate business interests.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose Your information where We are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose Your information where We believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of Our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which We are involved.
More specifically, We may need to process Your data or share Your personal information in the following situations:
How do We store and process Your data?
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long do We keep Your data?
When We have no ongoing legitimate business need to process Your personal information, We will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because Your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store Your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
What are Your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure You are fully aware of all of Your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Our Company for copies of Your Personal Data. We may charge You a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information You believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information You believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Our Company erase Your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of Your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Our Company's processing of Your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that We have collected to another organization, or directly to You, under certain conditions.
If You make a request, We have one month to respond to You. If You would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Us at Our email: email@example.com
If You would at any time like to review or change the information in Your account or terminate Your account, You can:
- Contact Us using the contact information provided.
- Log into Your account settings and update Your user account.
You can unsubscribe from Our email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that We send or by contacting Us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the email list – however, We will still need to send You service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of Your account. To otherwise opt-out, You may:
- Contact Us using the contact information provided.
- Access Your account settings and update preferences.
- Note Your preferences when You register an account with Our Service.
Do We collect Information from Minors
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. By using the Service, You represent that You are at least 18 or that You are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Service.
If We become aware that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, We will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from Our records. If You become aware of any data We have collected from children under age 18, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy policies of other websites